- High-energy storage for fixed and portable field equipment: Electric guns- Ballistic missiles- High power Microwave.
- Directed-energy weapon (DEW), advanced power systems.
- Structural capacitors: Electromagnetic Weapon (EM) systems- EM Armor or artillery.
- T/R modules in radar systems and for use in shipboard tactical systems.
- Oil rigs, In-car Electronics- Power inverters- Pulsed power- Motor Controller, etc.
The compact nanodielectrics-based high-energy capacitor technology developed at IMS fits well into the rising demand for expanding applications of devices, modules, and equipment. These types of capacitors dictate a higher level of reliability, as well as its ability to meet the demand of the following markets:
- Consumer Products & Telecommunications: Digital Cameras, Mobile Telephones, Portable Media Players, Flash Photography, etc.
- Transportation: Electrical Vehicles (Energy Storage and Discharge), Auto (under-the hood) Power Management Electronics (reduce CO2 emissions + harvesting waste energy), Aircraft Actuation Controls, etc.
- Power Storage & Delivery: Power Grid (load-leveling), Power back-up, Renewables, Power-consumption Optimization, Field/Remote Instrumentation, etc.
- Medical: Test & Monitoring Instrumentation, Implants, Imaging, Hearing Aids, etc.
- Military & Space: Mission Critical, HF actuators, Night Range-finders, Lasers, etc.